Saturday, June 04, 2011

Imran Abbas Images AND Interviews

Imran Abbas was the proverbial boy next door who had no idea that his first shoot with Khawar Riaz would catapult him to fame and popularity within a very short time span. Everything fell into place perfectly and the number of bankable acting assignments began to come his way, making him the chance to demonstrate his abilities as an actor.

Imran Abbas

Imran Abbas

1. So it was a lack of space in the modeling that led him to change careers? “As a model to make a transition into acting then why wait? It is risky when people you just described as a model. I never wanted that to happen to me. Even some of our most popular model-turn actresses like Vinnie and ZQ, after acting for so long, still seen as models and actresses do not, “he says.

2. Contrary to common belief, Imran believes that there is no need for new entrants to the admission in one of the fashion contend to make it big in the industry. “Many models are launched in style this way and have quickly disappeared. I do not like to have no names but it is not important for a model looks like a Greek god or to be on the cover of any magazine . What counts is the final overall personality and ability to communicate effectively in public, have an attitude and above all the brains. “Launched by Khawar Riaz did help me at first, but I do not owe my success to him. A mentor has a limited role in a success and I think he can just go to the start of the race. You have to rest of the marathon run entirely by yourself and I was no exception, “he says. Referring to the new crop of models, Imran makes a point to say that they have no idea where they’re going to have. They try to outdo each other by lowering their prices to rock-bottom level in exchange for C-class work. “Male models are evident in Pakistan and the newcomers are spoiling the market for many seniors who have worked so hard to defy this trend.”

3. Can he plays himself, photographs typical roles in the new breed of Indian soap opera-inspired Pakistani dramas? “I think it is very sad that our dramas are getting Indianised. But I think our characters are almost the same so I personally have no problems with playing such characters as long as it gives me a wide margin to perform.

Our TV dramas are still better than those aired on Indian television. I am absolutely against directors and writers that the Indian style of writing and presentation copy in their products on the market, regardless of the intricate details and aesthetics of the drama that happened to be our forte. ”

After a short pause, he adds: “One thing that I would like to mention is that our private TV channels have contributed significantly to this trend – they only dramas that are structured along the lines of Indian soaps will also provide they make. that only Indian faces of the promotion of co-produced dramas dominate while our actors are relegated to the backseat.

I just finished one such co-production, and a private TV channel strictly demanded that the promo only known Indian pair of Kashish and Sujhal, and none of the Pakistani actors show. I think it is unfair because I strongly feel that our TV channels have disappointed us, just because the Indian faces they can attract a better number of ads. The worst thing is that instead of building the image of our stars is also the same channel a show based on baseless gossip about our broadcast and finds it funny and interesting to run down Pakistani artistes and their image pollute, “says Imran.

4. So how will he react to gossip about him and his work? “I hear many baseless rumors about me, but I realize that if I talked about it means I’m not an ordinary person.

“I’ve always tried to strike a balance between acting and modeling. When I was nominated for an LSA I was not an ideal contender because I had not done anything big in that year. Besides, I do not really care about such things. For me, awards and recognition are superficial things and the LSA is more an event or campaign where everyone a chance to dress up and out. chill I do not need to comment on the credibility of these awards because everyone already knows. ”

5. Steering the conversation toward a more optimistic note, I ask Imran about his upcoming projects. He says he next serial Haider Rizvi Imam’s opposite Indian actress Dia Mirza, a serial by Evernew Pictures, a musical serial written by Bushra Ansari doing, and shooting for the next serial Faheem Burney’s with some other Indian co-star. He also completed Haseena Moin’s Tere Aajane Se and a serial, Kinara, which will be broadcast.

“Being launched by Khawar Riaz did help me at first, but I do not owe my success to him. A mentor has a limited role in a success and I think he can just go to the start of the race. You have the rest of the marathon run entirely by yourself and I was no exception, “says Imran Abbas. I will not as long, because I believe in constant exploration of your inner self. For me, inner peace and self-fulfillment is my first priority, something which showbiz can not offer.

I am planning to leave the showbiz in the next few years and a career in architecture. These days I intend to go abroad for a degree in architecture and leave Karachi and Islamabad. My temperament has some direct conflicts with this ultra fast city, where people literally work like restless juggernauts, “says Imran Abbas, springing a surprise at the end of the conversation.

No comments: